|Apparently, I'm a blinker...|
Next up, passport crisis. I'm supposed to be attending the Charlotte Mason Education Conference and Symposium at Redeemer University in 12 days. I am really looking forward to this as the digitization of the archives will be unveiled and I look forward to seeing dear friends and hey - I would like to be inspired, thank you very much. I have been to Canada many, many times. When I was 10, my mom found an antique walnut bed and I had to scrunch up and ride underneath in order to get it home - 4 hours away in Ohio. It's the bed that is now in our bedroom. I even honeymooned in Canada - Niagara Falls and Toronto. So it just didn't click in my mind that I would need a passport. It turns out that since June 1, 2009, everyone going to Canada by air, land or sea needs a passport. (Hat tip - the 6 a.m. gals at Curves who brought this up four days ago.) And wouldn't you know, I don't have my birth certificate. I've never needed it. Thank goodness my mother still lives where I grew up, could go pick one up and overnight it to me. I have an appointment on Tuesday to try and get an expedited passport. Pray that it goes smoothly. The photo shoot didn't. It took three tries.
Have I mentioned that Porfiry has been gone all week?
FWIW - here's my version of Multitude Monday.
Fabled Friday - Five Gifts
1. He comes home this afternoon.
2. The littles are listening to an exceptional version of Just So Stories on audio so loud, you can hear it everywhere in the house.
3. I just picked up seven books from the library on Wordsworth and Tintern Abbey.
4. I now have a blog button! Anita from The Untamed Mouse designed this little beauty (she read my mind). It's over in the right sidebar. Feel free to grab the html code and paste it. Let me know if you have any problems.
5. 1 Peter 5:6-7 (KJV) Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
Sweetness & light,